Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Standard Shocker: Edita Danuite retires!

Coming off of the Asian Open in Japan last weekend, Edita Danuite announced yesterday she is retiring from competition. Currently ranked second in the world in the Professional Standard division, Edita and partner Mirko Gozzoli were first in the eyes of many. Their exciting and dynamic performances won them titles and fans the world over and their presence on the Standard floor will be greatly missed by more than just this blogger I'm sure!

After her announcement, Edita sent the following message to DanceSport Info for her fans:

"I want to thank you all for the beautiful dancing world. I am going to enjoy the work that I love and continue to compete emotionally together with my couples."

Since the announcement was made by Edita only, the question remains "what will Mirko do"?! Already dance fans are speculating who his next partner will be and many are hoping he returns to former partner Alessia Betti. We will all be waiting for that announcement and in the meantime wishing both of them the best! And to end, one of my favorites of them:



No comments:

Post a Comment