Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Video Vendredi: Inserting a little Val and Daria into this year's Nationals

This week as I write I'm headed down to Baltimore for the USA Dance National Championships.  Now this is always an exciting time of year when I get to witness some of the best US amateur dancing has to offer but this year things seem a little different.  A number of the top couples in the Champ Latin, Standard, and 10-dance events are MIA leaving me to wonder what the rounds and results are really going to look like. Whatever the cause (WDC/WDSF war I'm looking at you), some new winners will be crowned this year and many new finalists will be made. 

At least one event would have been getting a new champ no matter what, with last year's Latin Champs Valentin Chmerkovskiy and Daria Chesnokova no longer dancing after Val's retirement from competitive dancing last August.  A big hole was left in US and World amateur finals with their exit, so this week I'm taking a quick look back at what we're all missing.

2010 Cha Cha from the UK Open

No comments:

Post a Comment